Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
Lackey comes up big for Red Sox
And Lackey continues to come through.
Michael Cuddyer, who extended his hitting streak to a career-high 23 games to tie Colorado hitting coach Dante Bichette’s club record, hit two solo homers for the Rockies, who have lost seven of their past nine games to fall back under .500.
Koji Uehara, the closer with Andrew Bailey struggling, pitched a perfect ninth (Boston’s 14th and 15th strikeouts of the game) for his second save.
After the Rockies scored in the first on the first of two Carlos Gonzalez hits, a stolen base and two-out single by Wilin Rosario, the Red Sox scored three times in the bottom of the inning.
In the third, Victorino and Dustin Pedroia opened with singles and Ortiz walked. Mike Napoli (7-for-12 with 20 RBIs with the bases loaded this year) singled home one run and Nava brought in the second one with a sacrifice fly.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Outrage du jour Garcia, Sullivan and victimhood - 30
- Cyber Monday alarm: The sales tax monster rises - 7
- Mile marker: Londonderry trail’s first step - 0
- Definitely broken: City's winter parking ban - 2
- What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out' - 26
- Closing classrooms: Relief for Webster, Beech Street schools in Manchester.? - 2
- Unwanted professors: How does one get fired at UNH? - 15
- Bumped for Benghazi: A reporter is held accountable - 3
- Dangerous Iran deal: Weakening sanctions is senseless - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 3
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 4
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
Nashua hero up for Carnegie award
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Scott Brown still weighing options