Dale McFeatters: Looking for work? Why not run for U.S. Senate?
Congress has come to the rescue with a job program of sorts. We know. You thought Congress’ role in unemployment was to take credit for any improvement — or blame the other side for any slippage, even though the whole thing is largely out of lawmakers’ control.
Here’s the deal: The two major political parties — that would be the Republicans and the Democrats; one of the few qualifications is that you know that; the difference really doesn’t matter — are having difficulties recruiting people to run for the U.S. Senate.
So take a shower, put on your grown-up clothes and present yourself at party headquarters and announce that you’re running for office. Trust us, they won’t laugh. A lot of people even crazier and less qualified than you have run — and been elected.
Dale McFeatters is a columnist for Scripps Howard News Service.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Thomas Sowell: A primer on race and do-gooders - 0
- Ramesh Ponnuru: There is no basis for liberal Hobby Lobby outrage - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: NH energy projects should produce wins for everyone - 15
- Another View - Kevin Baine: No, the Hobby Lobby ruling won't deny anyone contraception - 6
- Jonah Goldberg: Liberals dislike America - 2
- Another View -- David Ignatius: Iran overplays its hand - 0
- John Stossel: There's capitalism, and then there's crony capitalism - 1
- David Harsanyi: Not surprising more Americans believe freedom is overrated - 1
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: Water-loving dogs should be watched so they don't overdo it - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 6
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 10
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax