Derry voters approve revised contract for educational assistants
The new contract passed by four votes at a special school district election yesterday, 356-352.
The two sides initially came to an agreement earlier this year, but that proposed three-year contract was voted down by residents at the March town election.
The new contract includes smaller pay raises for paraprofessionals over the next three years and will cost about $27,000 less than the original agreement over the course of the contract.
The money to cover the cost of the pay increases are in the approved 2013-14 school year budget, according to school board member Neal Ochs.
The new agreement calls for pay increases of 10 cents per hour the first year, 15 cents the second year, and 15 cents the third year. Originally, the contract called for a 15 cent raise the first year and a 25 cent raise in the third year.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hollis playground effort gains community support - 0
- Kid Zenith members working to make a difference - 0
- Family with special needs students struggles with move - 0
- 'Hour of Code' taps student creativity - 1
- Fired Epping children's librarian gets public hearing - 0
- Hillsborough district names its Teacher of Year - 0
- Nashua Board of Education signals new leadership - 0
- PSU adjunct faculty members approve three-year contract - 0
- UNH, trustees seek to reverse arbitrator's decision to reinstate professor - 13
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate holding rare Saturday vote on Fed pick Janet Yellen - 0
- Destruction of Berlin theater is ruled arson - 0
- Brady, Suggs set to renew bitter rivalry - 0
- West, Towson look to run past Eagles - 0
- Crowley leads Dover hockey past Kingswood - 0
- Beltran, Yankees make it official - 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
Beltran, Yankees make it official
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
- Do you like the new University of New Hampshire logo?
- Total Votes: 383