Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Mass. man accused of assaulting K-mart employee in shoplifting case
The loss prevention officer, who was not identified in a police news release, was taken to a local hospital where police said he was treated for a broken orbital bone, broken nose and a possible concussion.
The incident happened about 7:20 pm. The employee confronted the man outside the store after seeing him allegedly shoplift.
The man punched the employee in the face and then ran off towards Route 28. The employee told police that as the man told him he had a knife and threatened to stab him.
Officer Ryan Sambataro saw the man running through traffic on Route 28 North, caught up to him and took the knife away from him after a brief struggle.
He then arrested the man, identified as Carmelo Baez, 35, of Lawrence, for second degree assault; criminal threatening with a weapon; resisting arrest; disorderly conduct, and on an electronic bench warrant.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 26
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483