Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Mass. man accused of assaulting K-mart employee in shoplifting case
The loss prevention officer, who was not identified in a police news release, was taken to a local hospital where police said he was treated for a broken orbital bone, broken nose and a possible concussion.
The incident happened about 7:20 pm. The employee confronted the man outside the store after seeing him allegedly shoplift.
The man punched the employee in the face and then ran off towards Route 28. The employee told police that as the man told him he had a knife and threatened to stab him.
Officer Ryan Sambataro saw the man running through traffic on Route 28 North, caught up to him and took the knife away from him after a brief struggle.
He then arrested the man, identified as Carmelo Baez, 35, of Lawrence, for second degree assault; criminal threatening with a weapon; resisting arrest; disorderly conduct, and on an electronic bench warrant.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Exeter police say man briefly suffocated 3-year-old girl - 0
- Police say Raymond man hit friend who tried to stop him from driving drunk - 0
- Affidavit: Driver accused in fatal Nashua hit and run had been drinking - 3
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 1
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 6
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 2
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Gatsas incensed by unauthorized use of his phone number for 'robocalls' - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Vote on death penalty repeal set for Wednesday - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings - 1
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video