Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Mass. man accused of assaulting K-mart employee in shoplifting case
The loss prevention officer, who was not identified in a police news release, was taken to a local hospital where police said he was treated for a broken orbital bone, broken nose and a possible concussion.
The incident happened about 7:20 pm. The employee confronted the man outside the store after seeing him allegedly shoplift.
The man punched the employee in the face and then ran off towards Route 28. The employee told police that as the man told him he had a knife and threatened to stab him.
Officer Ryan Sambataro saw the man running through traffic on Route 28 North, caught up to him and took the knife away from him after a brief struggle.
He then arrested the man, identified as Carmelo Baez, 35, of Lawrence, for second degree assault; criminal threatening with a weapon; resisting arrest; disorderly conduct, and on an electronic bench warrant.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus