Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
AG says Manchester man justified in shooting home invader
Ian Peters, 38, shot the unarmed 24-year-old man after he and a second unidentified man kicked in the door to Peters' 430 Lake Ave. apartment about 2:40 a.m. on Saturday, June 9. Larocque was shot in the arm and abdomen and died at the scene.
A four-page summary of an investigation into the shooting says Larocque and the other man went to the Lake Avenue apartment with the intent of harming Peters, who was at home with his fiancee and her three-year-old son.
It was reasonable for Peters to conclude that Larocque and the other man who forced their way into his apartment "were likely to use any unlawful force against Peters, his fiancee, or her child, during the commission of a burglary or some other felony. Therefore, Ian Peters' subsequent use of deadly force was legally justified," under state law, according to the investigation.
Police said the investigation into the home invasion itself is continuing in an attempt to hold the other home invader and any other participants accountable for their actions.
Around midnight, the fiancee, who authorities did not identify, received text messages from someone she knew. The messages turned confrontational and threatening. The couple was in bed when, about two hours later, they heard footsteps on the porch outside their bedroom.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH had 17 homicides in 2014, down from last year - 0
- Two people hospitalized following report of stabbing, police say - 0
- Merrimack teen charged in threats, assaults on girl - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 1
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive - 3
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive, assaulted her - 1
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 1
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2014 top 10 list of wage and hour - 0
- Thumbs-up for Ebert's winner - 0
- It's Central, Merrimack - 0
- Goal: Stay healthy - 0
- Year in review: A look back at NH's top stories - 0
- Indecent proposition from New London chief was 'chilling' says victim - 1
- Details of Reams inquiry released - 0
- Workers' rally to bring back Artie T. captured public's heart - 0
- School district to receive millions withheld by state - 0
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
Thoughts as we move from one year to another
Details of Reams inquiry released
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483