Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
AG says Manchester man justified in shooting home invader
Ian Peters, 38, shot the unarmed 24-year-old man after he and a second unidentified man kicked in the door to Peters' 430 Lake Ave. apartment about 2:40 a.m. on Saturday, June 9. Larocque was shot in the arm and abdomen and died at the scene.
A four-page summary of an investigation into the shooting says Larocque and the other man went to the Lake Avenue apartment with the intent of harming Peters, who was at home with his fiancee and her three-year-old son.
It was reasonable for Peters to conclude that Larocque and the other man who forced their way into his apartment "were likely to use any unlawful force against Peters, his fiancee, or her child, during the commission of a burglary or some other felony. Therefore, Ian Peters' subsequent use of deadly force was legally justified," under state law, according to the investigation.
Police said the investigation into the home invasion itself is continuing in an attempt to hold the other home invader and any other participants accountable for their actions.
Around midnight, the fiancee, who authorities did not identify, received text messages from someone she knew. The messages turned confrontational and threatening. The couple was in bed when, about two hours later, they heard footsteps on the porch outside their bedroom.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424