Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Northwood man pleads guilty to assault charge involving 11-year-old girl
Eddy James Folland, 48, pleaded guilty to second-degree assault as part of a negotiated disposition with county prosecutors.
Folland waived indictment on the second-degree assault charge and pleaded guilty on June 12 in Rockingham County Superior Court.
He was sentenced to the two- to four-year prison term at the conclusion of the hearing. Folland admitted as part of his plea that he caused "serious bodily injury" and "lasting psychological harm" to the girl on March 19, 2010.
Prosecutors dropped all the remaining charges in the case, including three counts of felonious sexual assault and a single count of aggravated felonious sexual assault as part of the agreement.
He had been accused of engaging in sexual acts with the girl between March 2012 and March 2012, according to court records.
The plea agreement was struck just before Folland was expected to go on trial on the sexual assault charges. His trial was expected to begin Monday.
Folland has already spent roughly 317 days behind bars awaiting trial. That time will count toward his state prison sentence.
As part of his sentence, Folland was barred by Judge Marguerite Wageling from having any contact direct or indirect contact with the girl – even through third parties - for at least a decade.
Prior to the plea deal, public defenders were seeking records from Facebook to aid in Folland's defense. A judge approved a request to obtain records from the social networking giant, but lawyers for Facebook reviewed the order and refused to turn over the materials.
Public defenders acknowledged in court filings that it was unlikely they would have enough time to pursue the issue.
READER COMMENTS: 28
- Nashua police chief wants pair of pawn shops shut down - 0
- Judge OKs early release for former teacher convicted of possessing child porn - 0
- Nashua man indicted for allegedly shooting girlfriend - 0
- Manchester 7-Eleven robbed for fourth time - 0
- Manchester couple faces robbery, theft charges after Salem mall incident - 1
- Chainsaw-wielding man facing multiple charges over Sept. incident - 0
- Woman faces assault charge after Monopoly game gets out of hand - 19
- Plea deal gives shooter 15-30 years in 2012 death of Manchester man - 0
- Missouri governor urges calm ahead of grand jury decision on shooting; findings to be announced at 9 p.m. - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 0
- Winning $100,000 lottery ticket sold in Laconia - 0
- Monarchs Scouting Report: Nick Shore - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 6
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 7
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483