NH camp directors take lightning 'very, very seriously'
"We called off a trip today because of (weather) concerns," camp director Danny Kerr said Tuesday.Thunderstorms are a possibility every day through July 3 for parts of New Hampshire, according to AccuWeather.com.
The Lakes Region camp has a wooden structure at the waterfront to shelter the kids, Planchet said.
"When it comes to thunderstorms ... I don't want to see anyone outside," Planchet said. "You can have even a small thunderstorm and you can still get a bolt of lightning come out of nowhere. We're very cautious."Kerr doesn't expect Monday night's lightning strike at the Boy Scout camp in Gilmanton to trigger any changes at the camp in the White Mountains. On the day that campers arrive, they are told about the camp's warning system, which calls for campers to be sheltered during storms.
"We never have anyone outside if we think there's any chance of severe weather," he said. "We have people who monitor those things and we take it very, very seriously."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Wild weather strikes Granite State - 0
- Perfect weather predicted for weekend events - 0
- NH braces for a soaker, flash floods as Arthur moves up coast - 0
- Concord postpones fireworks to Saturday - 0
- LIghtning strike sends Epping house up in flames - 0
- Weather warnings push fireworks to Saturday in Rochester - 0
- Threat of thunderstorms pushes Dover fireworks to Sunday - 0
- Weather could lead to fireworks postponement in Salem - 0
- Some damage, no injuries when more than 7 inches of rain falls on Lost River area - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket