Nashua school board to debate plan for unruly students
The Board of Education will review a recommendation from its Human Resources Subcommittee to hire a certified teacher for the alternative room at the board’s next meeting on June 26.
“Unfortunately if you tell children they can get away from doing schoolwork by bad behavior, that’s enough to reinforce the bad behavior,” she said. “If they’re going to a place where they’re still going to be in front of a teacher, and required to do the work, I think that takes away some of the incentive of the bad behavior.”The Human Resources Committee is also recommending that the board approve Adam Rozumek as the director of adult and community education for a salary of $80,000.Board members will also review recommendations from the Budget and Finance Committee to approve spending $345,490 for 423 new desktop computers, 56 monitors and network support equipment.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- 600 gather for New Horizons soup kitchen, shelter fundraiser - 0
- Conn. school shooting probe ends with gunman's motives unknown - 43
- Railway company proposing Montreal to Portland service through northern NH - 19
- Exeter theater group suspends campaign to save Ioka - 0
- Stained-glass windows get new look at Tucker Free Library in Henniker - 0
- State Supreme Court overturns termination of father’s parental rights - 8
- Communication director appointed for Manchester Diocese - 0
- 'Everything flows' from 1st Amendment - 2
- Editor: Open access to government 'keeps us free' - 2
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Police: Body found in Portsmouth creek not missing UNH student - 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 2
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Should schools do more to police food and beverages consumed at school?
- Total Votes: 112