Derry district gets set to spruce up the schools
Custodians and college students will be busy with maintenance, moving and general repairs during the summer, although the staffing might be a little lower than in past years, according to Jane Simard, the district’s business manager.
Unlike last summer, when the floor to the gym at the West Running Brook Middle School was replaced, there are no single large projects on the horizon.
Simard said she will keep the School Board updated over the coming months on the work done by the custodial staff at the district’s five elementary and two middle schools.
“They are going to be doing lawn work as well as painting and working in the warehouse, bringing materials to the schools,” said Simard. “They are really helpful, but the crew has been cut down significantly.”
“The schools will be very busy,” she said. “There will be a list sent out of all the work that will be done.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 20
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 9
- Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again - 2
- Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council - 1
- Insurance exchange: NH Dems, GOP switch sides - 2
- Bottle store blues: The useless grocery mandate - 2
- Finding city revenue: Seek more private partners - 0
- Putin's freedom: Obama's weakness - 42
- Safe seats, frequent flyers - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Gatsas incesed by unauthorized use of his phone number for 'robocalls' - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Vote on death penalty repeal set for Wednesday - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings - 0
- Comcast-Time Warner Cable deal would create formidable giant - 0
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
NH native holds lead spot in Iditarod
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?