Derry district gets set to spruce up the schools
Custodians and college students will be busy with maintenance, moving and general repairs during the summer, although the staffing might be a little lower than in past years, according to Jane Simard, the district’s business manager.
Unlike last summer, when the floor to the gym at the West Running Brook Middle School was replaced, there are no single large projects on the horizon.
Simard said she will keep the School Board updated over the coming months on the work done by the custodial staff at the district’s five elementary and two middle schools.
“They are going to be doing lawn work as well as painting and working in the warehouse, bringing materials to the schools,” said Simard. “They are really helpful, but the crew has been cut down significantly.”
“The schools will be very busy,” she said. “There will be a list sent out of all the work that will be done.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- An NSA setback: Fourth Amendment wins first round - 12
- Fetal homicide: A compromise at last? - 4
- Freedom & discovery: A mathematician gets noticed - 0
- Preventing Newtown: Background checks won’t - 29
- Taunting taxpayers: Manchester teachers union won’t budge - 35
- Insurance choices: Shaheen, Shea-Porter, Kuster mislead - 19
- Looking for Abigail: Public can help find her - 3
- Riding lessons: DRED improves horse rules - 5
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 15
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Do you like the new University of New Hampshire logo?
- Total Votes: 383