Derry district gets set to spruce up the schools
Custodians and college students will be busy with maintenance, moving and general repairs during the summer, although the staffing might be a little lower than in past years, according to Jane Simard, the district’s business manager.
Unlike last summer, when the floor to the gym at the West Running Brook Middle School was replaced, there are no single large projects on the horizon.
Simard said she will keep the School Board updated over the coming months on the work done by the custodial staff at the district’s five elementary and two middle schools.
“They are going to be doing lawn work as well as painting and working in the warehouse, bringing materials to the schools,” said Simard. “They are really helpful, but the crew has been cut down significantly.”
“The schools will be very busy,” she said. “There will be a list sent out of all the work that will be done.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand - 39
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 3
- Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice - 9
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Prizes & playoffs: Well done, UNH - 2
- Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA - 13
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Keeping public in the dark isn't helping find Abigail - 26
- The Peace Light: A Christmas reminder for all - 0
- Doing 'less with less' Is that Gov. Hassan's new motto? - 11
- Washington Jeanne: Will Shaheen face her state? - 44
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
- Do you like the new University of New Hampshire logo?
- Total Votes: 383