Apr 19, 2014
Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Relative of Belmont homicide victims still in jail on $200 bail
Though he has at least one other family member living in the area, Shawn Carter, 31, has not been able to make his $200 bail since he was arrested that day on a driving-after-suspension charge — the only charge keeping him from his freedom.
Carter was arrested, though, about three hours after his family members’ were discovered after police had issued a be-on-the-lookout or bolo alert calling for his detention in relation to the state investigation in Belmont that morning. The bolo alert warned that Carter was armed and dangerous.
Gordon also refused to increase Carter’s bail after the state brought a new charge against him — for allegedly selling cocaine to an undercover officer in March of 2012 — on the morning of the trial on the traffic charge. No court dates have been set for further hearings on that charge, court officials said Monday.
Carter’s sister, Kelley McGray, could not be reached for comment Monday, but Priscilla Carter’s uncle, Rodney Wing, of Jacksonville, Fla., said the Carter family and their relatives do not want to speak about the case at the moment.
Wing said he had fond memories of Priscilla Carter as a child, and of Timothy Carter as a teenager. He said Priscilla, his niece, was, “just a nice, hard-working woman,” and said he mostly remembered Timothy for being unemployed as an adult.
“I don’t think so at this time,” he said.
The funeral home handling the deaths of Priscilla and Timothy Carter, Wilkinson-Beane-Simoneau-Paquette Funeral Home in Laconia, said the Carter family had told the home that they would hold a private service and no obituary had been prepared for local distribution.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Citizens Bank robbed Saturday in Manchester - 0
- Four burglaries reported in Manchester on Thursday - 0
- Manchester woman arrested twice in two days - 1
- Police say trio used Craigslist to lure, rob contractor - 7
- Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home - 0
- Judge rejects new rape trial for ex-Salem planning board member - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man accused of writing company checks to himself - 0
- Police say man clocked doing 100 on Route 11 in Wilmot - 0
- Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917