Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Mass. driver charged with dragging Salem police officer
The officer pulled over Depina after spotting his car heading southbound on Route 28 near the state line with no headlights on, police said.
Depina allegedly had a quantity of marijuana on him, police said.
Massahos attempted to take Depina into custody, but he fled on foot – running around the Pep Boys parking lot and jumping back into his vehicle, police said. There were two male passengers that also ran off during the foot pursuit, police said.
Depina allegedly dragged the officer for several feet before Massahos was able to get his hand on the gear shift and get the vehicle into park, according to police. Massahos then used a stun gun on Depina, but it only had a limited effect, police said. Massahos struggled with Depina and got him out of the vehicle and into custody just as back-up officers were arriving, police said.
The vehicle Depina was operating had a quantity of controlled drugs in plain view along with several purses and a large amount of loose change, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 2
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 2
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Memorial heroic in NHIAA Div. I basketball semifinal defeat - 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal