Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Mass. driver charged with dragging Salem police officer
The officer pulled over Depina after spotting his car heading southbound on Route 28 near the state line with no headlights on, police said.
Depina allegedly had a quantity of marijuana on him, police said.
Massahos attempted to take Depina into custody, but he fled on foot – running around the Pep Boys parking lot and jumping back into his vehicle, police said. There were two male passengers that also ran off during the foot pursuit, police said.
Depina allegedly dragged the officer for several feet before Massahos was able to get his hand on the gear shift and get the vehicle into park, according to police. Massahos then used a stun gun on Depina, but it only had a limited effect, police said. Massahos struggled with Depina and got him out of the vehicle and into custody just as back-up officers were arriving, police said.
The vehicle Depina was operating had a quantity of controlled drugs in plain view along with several purses and a large amount of loose change, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 0
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 6
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 2
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 10
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 6
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 1
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief