Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Mass. driver charged with dragging Salem police officer
The officer pulled over Depina after spotting his car heading southbound on Route 28 near the state line with no headlights on, police said.
Depina allegedly had a quantity of marijuana on him, police said.
Massahos attempted to take Depina into custody, but he fled on foot – running around the Pep Boys parking lot and jumping back into his vehicle, police said. There were two male passengers that also ran off during the foot pursuit, police said.
Depina allegedly dragged the officer for several feet before Massahos was able to get his hand on the gear shift and get the vehicle into park, according to police. Massahos then used a stun gun on Depina, but it only had a limited effect, police said. Massahos struggled with Depina and got him out of the vehicle and into custody just as back-up officers were arriving, police said.
The vehicle Depina was operating had a quantity of controlled drugs in plain view along with several purses and a large amount of loose change, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police: Christmas cards stolen from mailboxes - 0
- Police probe Sanborn high school bomb threat - 0
- Raymond man faces trial in second child sex assault case - 0
- Manchester man charged with robbing store 3 times - 0
- Laconia boys and girls club damaged in burglary - 0
- Fugitive Task Force searching for convicted sex offender - 0
- Enfield man killed in hit-and-run in Vermont - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- Winchester man files to plead guilty in crash that killed his brother - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
John DiStaso's Granite Status: National Democratic chair to speak at NHIOP in January; Cataldo backs Kenney for Executive Council
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424