Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Mass. driver charged with dragging Salem police officer
The officer pulled over Depina after spotting his car heading southbound on Route 28 near the state line with no headlights on, police said.
Depina allegedly had a quantity of marijuana on him, police said.
Massahos attempted to take Depina into custody, but he fled on foot – running around the Pep Boys parking lot and jumping back into his vehicle, police said. There were two male passengers that also ran off during the foot pursuit, police said.
Depina allegedly dragged the officer for several feet before Massahos was able to get his hand on the gear shift and get the vehicle into park, according to police. Massahos then used a stun gun on Depina, but it only had a limited effect, police said. Massahos struggled with Depina and got him out of the vehicle and into custody just as back-up officers were arriving, police said.
The vehicle Depina was operating had a quantity of controlled drugs in plain view along with several purses and a large amount of loose change, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Brothers accused of stealing candy from launderette - 0
- Maine man faces charges for alleged baseball bat beating - 0
- Man holds car thief at bay with gun until police arrive - 31
- Corrections officials may delay mail restrictions - 1
- City logs 2 robberies within 45 minutes - 0
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 2
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 2
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424