Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Mass. driver charged with dragging Salem police officer
The officer pulled over Depina after spotting his car heading southbound on Route 28 near the state line with no headlights on, police said.
Depina allegedly had a quantity of marijuana on him, police said.
Massahos attempted to take Depina into custody, but he fled on foot – running around the Pep Boys parking lot and jumping back into his vehicle, police said. There were two male passengers that also ran off during the foot pursuit, police said.
Depina allegedly dragged the officer for several feet before Massahos was able to get his hand on the gear shift and get the vehicle into park, according to police. Massahos then used a stun gun on Depina, but it only had a limited effect, police said. Massahos struggled with Depina and got him out of the vehicle and into custody just as back-up officers were arriving, police said.
The vehicle Depina was operating had a quantity of controlled drugs in plain view along with several purses and a large amount of loose change, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested after two-state pursuit facing more charges - 0
- NH man sought in connection with Maine murder arrested on unrelated charges - 0
- Man accused of burglarizing state police barracks garage claims his rights were violated - 0
- Marriott's parents to face killer at his sentencing next month - 0
- Second arrest made in Portsmouth store robberies - 0
- Probable cause hearings set for pair facing series of drug charges - 0
- Arrested school construction employees back at work in Unity - 0
- Dover man questioned regarding Maine double murder - 0
- 132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 0
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Anthony M. Kay
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917