Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
Injuries cloud the picture for Stanley Cup Game 6
Bruins center Patrice Bergeron was taken to a Chicago hospital during the third period with an undisclosed injury. He was released Sunday and was cleared to travel back to Boston with the team.
Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews sat out the third period with an upper-body injury after taking a hard hit to the head area on a check on Boston defenseman Johnny Boychuk midway through the second period.
Sportsnet reported that Bergeron might have injured his spleen. Bob McKenzie of TSN said Sunday that report wasn’t valid.
If Bergeron is not able to return for Game 6 tonight in Boston, it would be a huge loss for the Bruins. He leads the team during the Stanley Cup Final with four goals and 19 shots on goal.
“We’re hopeful he’ll be ready next game, upper-body,” Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville said. “We’ll see how he is tomorrow. I checked on him a couple times there. I think he wanted to play, but we’ll see.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 10
- Charitable organizations raise money, and lift spirits with Christmas tree sales - 0
- Holiday edition reminder to our readers - 1
- 600 gather for New Horizons soup kitchen, shelter fundraiser - 0
- Conn. school shooting probe ends with gunman's motives unknown - 43
- Railway company proposing Montreal to Portland service through northern NH - 19
- Exeter theater group suspends campaign to save Ioka - 0
- Stained-glass windows get new look at Tucker Free Library in Henniker - 0
- State Supreme Court overturns termination of father’s parental rights - 8
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 1
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list