Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
Injuries cloud the picture for Stanley Cup Game 6
Bruins center Patrice Bergeron was taken to a Chicago hospital during the third period with an undisclosed injury. He was released Sunday and was cleared to travel back to Boston with the team.
Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews sat out the third period with an upper-body injury after taking a hard hit to the head area on a check on Boston defenseman Johnny Boychuk midway through the second period.
Sportsnet reported that Bergeron might have injured his spleen. Bob McKenzie of TSN said Sunday that report wasn’t valid.
If Bergeron is not able to return for Game 6 tonight in Boston, it would be a huge loss for the Bruins. He leads the team during the Stanley Cup Final with four goals and 19 shots on goal.
“We’re hopeful he’ll be ready next game, upper-body,” Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville said. “We’ll see how he is tomorrow. I checked on him a couple times there. I think he wanted to play, but we’ll see.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Celts win, take first place - 0
- Bucks snap skid at 11, top Celtics - 0
- Green, Celtics blow out Cavs - 0
- Celtics late rally falls short - 0
- Crawford, Celtics ease past Bobcats - 0
- Celtics top Hawks to halt six-game skid - 0
- Spurs top Celtics to extend win streak - 0
- Timberwolves hand Celtics third straight loss - 0
- Aldridge double-double sends Celtics to loss - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 18
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child