Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
Blackhawks stun Bruins to win Stanley Cup
With 58.3 seconds to go, Dave Bolland knocked a rebound home from the left side to give the Blackhawks their first lead of the game.
Lucic's go-ahead goal came off a mishandled puck behind the net got Chicago goalie Corey Crawford. A second giveaway gave David Krecji the puck behind the net.
Chicago seemed to find its game in the second period, pushing back and scoring the lone goal of the frame to tie the game at 1-1 on a tally from Blackhawks captain Toews at 4:24.
The scoring play started with a neutral ice faceoff. Bruins defenseman Zdeno Chara got caught flat-footed on the right wing boards and Michal Rozsival chipped the puck ahead to Toews, who raced in and snapped a shot through Rask's five-hole.
Boston controlled the first period and emerged from the initial 20:00 with a 1-0 lead thanks to a Chris Kelly goal at 7:19.
The goal came after a faceoff win in the Chicago end. Daniel Paille chipped the puck to the slot where Tyler Seguin grabbed it out of the air, dropped it to his stick and then quickly backhanded a pass across the top of the crease to Kelly on the right post for a quick finish into the open cage before Crawford could get across.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- John Stossel: Want to give back? Start a business - 5
- Ted Gatsas and Bob Baines: STEAM Ahead will transform students' lives in Manchester - 5
- Jonah Goldberg: No, Obamacare is not remotely close to fixed - 2
- George Will: A case for containing Iran - 0
- New Hampshire's long-term health continues to decline - 8
- Lou Catano: Non-profit directors know that NH is a special, giving place - 0
- Pat Buchanan: China has begun prowling Asia like a hungry tiger - 3
- Thomas Sowell: Victimhood and race - 4
- Fred Hiatt: While Obama talked, Assad killed - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 0
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
Fourth-graders ‘experience’ Ellis Island
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list