Home » News » Public Safety
‘Cop on Top’ fundraiser benefits Special Olympics in Portsmouth
The five-hour “Cop on Top” fundraising effort garnered over $1,500, raised awareness for Special Olympics New Hampshire, and provided some laughter for Sunday shoppers.
“Cop on Top” was a new idea this year. Four local law enforcement officers — Newington Master Patrolman Seth Applebaum, Greenland Patrolman Mike Gobbi, Rye Sgt. Scott Blaisdell and Newington Patrolman James Hoyt — braved the blazing sun to wave at visitors and raise money for the organization.
Behind the megaphone, Ray Jacques, regional district manager of Bozzuto’s, McKinnon’s grocery distributor, strongly encouraged every passerby to donate money, even using his booming voice to stop cars driving through the parking lot.
It was so much fun they plan to go back this year and were on hand at McKinnon’s on Sunday to support the fundraising effort and raise awareness for the ride.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- City police schedule community meeting - 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth teen accused in DWI crash waives hearing - 0
- Posting of recent standoff has Free Keene bloggers taking heat - 0
- Seeking to upend Hobby Lobby court ruling, federal legislation crafted - 0
- NH man sought in connection with Maine murder arrested on unrelated charges - 0
- Man accused of burglarizing state police barracks claims his rights were violated - 0
- Marriott's parents to face killer at his sentencing next month - 0
- Firefighters rescue five 'lucky ducks' in Londonderry - 0
- Abortion clinic buffer put on hold after court ruling - 1
- FairPoint union members to meet and talk strike - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax