Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua woman struck by lightning
Erin Ledoux, 25, was standing with friends next to a pine tree about 5:30 p.m. Sunday at the Point Sebago Resort in Casco watching an approaching storm when a lightning bolt struck the tree, according to Cumberland County, Maine deputy Sgt. Jim Estabrook.
The strike sent Ledoux airborne , throwing her onto some rocks and a concrete barrier and then into Lake Sebago. She was knocked unconscious and her friends and bystanders pulled her out of the water.
Estabrook said the two friends were also sent airborne but did not require a trip to the hospital. He said Ledoux was closer to the tree.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 0
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072