Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua woman struck by lightning
Erin Ledoux, 25, was standing with friends next to a pine tree about 5:30 p.m. Sunday at the Point Sebago Resort in Casco watching an approaching storm when a lightning bolt struck the tree, according to Cumberland County, Maine deputy Sgt. Jim Estabrook.
The strike sent Ledoux airborne , throwing her onto some rocks and a concrete barrier and then into Lake Sebago. She was knocked unconscious and her friends and bystanders pulled her out of the water.
Estabrook said the two friends were also sent airborne but did not require a trip to the hospital. He said Ledoux was closer to the tree.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 17
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072