Home » News » Public Safety
Residents evacuated during Lebanon fire
Firefighters responding to a fire alarm at 21 Spencer St. at 12:44 p.m. found smoke coming from an apartment in the 80-unit complex.
While some residents had evacuated when the alarms sounded, some with impaired mobility had to be helped from the building, according to a fire department press release. Emergency responders from Lebanon fire and police departments as well as New Hampshire State Police helped evacuate the building.
A fire department press release said the building's sprinkler system had extinguished the fire in the apartment where it started. There was some water damage to several units below that apartment, and one resident had to be relocated.
The cause of the fire was ruled accidental. Firefighters and equipment from Hanover, Enfield and Hartford, Vt., provided mutual aid.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 3
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor - 1
- Fire destroys South Hampton barn - 0
- Police investigating why Maine woman died in Somersworth apartment - 0
- Body found floating in Portsmouth - 0
- Spofford crash seriously injures two - 0
- Fire destroys barn in South Hampton - 0
READER COMMENTS: 7
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 1
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 7
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 1
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072