Home » News » Public Safety
Residents evacuated during Lebanon fire
Firefighters responding to a fire alarm at 21 Spencer St. at 12:44 p.m. found smoke coming from an apartment in the 80-unit complex.
While some residents had evacuated when the alarms sounded, some with impaired mobility had to be helped from the building, according to a fire department press release. Emergency responders from Lebanon fire and police departments as well as New Hampshire State Police helped evacuate the building.
A fire department press release said the building's sprinkler system had extinguished the fire in the apartment where it started. There was some water damage to several units below that apartment, and one resident had to be relocated.
The cause of the fire was ruled accidental. Firefighters and equipment from Hanover, Enfield and Hartford, Vt., provided mutual aid.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
- Crews on scene of accident on I-93 in Salem - 0
- Weare residents turn out to express police department concerns - 2
- Tamworth man struck, killed by UPS truck - 0
- Two boys rescued from Hood Pond - 1
- Woman killed in Nashua crash - 0
- Wednesday night Derry blaze under investigation - 0
- Gunfire from police range disturbs Plaistow neighbors - 1
- Cause of Ashland fire investigated - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police obtain warrants for suspect wanted in Dover, Manchester bank robberies - 0
- Abby Dion, 9, records a 10 in gymnastics meet - 0
- St. A skaters fall to Norwich - 0
- Monarchs lose in OT; win streak stops at 6 - 0
- Police searching for person stealing from cars in Manchester - 1
- College Football: Maine seniors want the coveted musket - 0
- College Hockey: Ice-making problem postpones UNH-PC - 1
- Pinkerton backfield a combination of power and speed - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: State Legion rejects Post 79’s request for senior team - 2
Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief
Offend someone? To jail with you!
Obama to illegals: Come out of shadows
Plaistow town planner arrested
Driver acquitted in Amherst ex-chief’s death
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
College Hockey: Providence blanks UNH
Pipeline's NH route moves to top choice