Home » News » Public Safety
Residents evacuated during Lebanon fire
Firefighters responding to a fire alarm at 21 Spencer St. at 12:44 p.m. found smoke coming from an apartment in the 80-unit complex.
While some residents had evacuated when the alarms sounded, some with impaired mobility had to be helped from the building, according to a fire department press release. Emergency responders from Lebanon fire and police departments as well as New Hampshire State Police helped evacuate the building.
A fire department press release said the building's sprinkler system had extinguished the fire in the apartment where it started. There was some water damage to several units below that apartment, and one resident had to be relocated.
The cause of the fire was ruled accidental. Firefighters and equipment from Hanover, Enfield and Hartford, Vt., provided mutual aid.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Merrimack fire quickly doused - 0
- UPDATED: One seriously hurt, 12 homeless after early morning Manchester fire - 0
- Snowmobiler injured while riding on Thornton golf course - 0
- Dartmouth under fire for response to incidents of rape on campus - 0
- NH hospital personnel to train for disasters - 0
- Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season - 0
- Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck - 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
- Most property owners clear hydrants of snow - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parents share what 'CJ' taught them - 0
- Gilford High junior surprised by Francis Wayland Parker honor - 0
- Police bill disputed by Stewartstown and Colebrook ends up in court - 0
- New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay - 0
- Arts-based charter high school in Derry begins accepting applications - 0
- Troy voters accept community center donation - 0
- Voters support Bow School District articles - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Nashua mayor: Greeley Park is right spot for playground - 0
Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting
New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay
Litchfield man found stabbed
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents