Home » News » Public Safety
Residents evacuated during Lebanon fire
Firefighters responding to a fire alarm at 21 Spencer St. at 12:44 p.m. found smoke coming from an apartment in the 80-unit complex.
While some residents had evacuated when the alarms sounded, some with impaired mobility had to be helped from the building, according to a fire department press release. Emergency responders from Lebanon fire and police departments as well as New Hampshire State Police helped evacuate the building.
A fire department press release said the building's sprinkler system had extinguished the fire in the apartment where it started. There was some water damage to several units below that apartment, and one resident had to be relocated.
The cause of the fire was ruled accidental. Firefighters and equipment from Hanover, Enfield and Hartford, Vt., provided mutual aid.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry police recover stolen box for worn flags - 0
- Chief to Chef: Charlestown veteran chief leaving for food venture - 0
- Fire Marshal's Office didn't condemn school's historic stage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Slippery slide makes Monday driving tough - 0
- Epping, Merrimack motorists hurt in Route 125 crash - 0
- UPDATE: Sunapee driver charged in Vermont couple's deaths - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072