Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua deputy police chief placed on administrative leave
"Effective Friday, he was placed on administrative leave with pay," Pappas said when reached by phone Saturday night.
Pappas wouldn't say whether it involves an audit of the Nashua Police Relief Association being conducted by the Charitable Trusts Unit of the Attorney General's Office at the request of Nashua Police Chief John Seusing.
In March, Seusing said: "There were some concerns brought to my attention regarding the governance of (the association) and its internal procedures, whether they have been followed correctly."
Seusing said the association is open to Nashua police, and it provides relief to members and their families during a crisis, buys watches for members when they retire and offers a small life insurance policy.
The association's two-story building is also used for social functions or by officers on duty for a lunch break.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- State bomb squad explodes suspicious package in Salem parking lot - 0
- Bodies of downed plane's passengers leave Ukraine crash site for return to Netherlands - 0
- 30-year-old man found dead in Laconia apartment - 0
- AG: Missing Conway teen Abigail Hernandez reunited with family - 10
- Maine man hurt in ATV accident in northern NH - 0
- Police say North Country motor vehicle deaths down - 0
- Hiker rescued from Mount Washington - 0
- Conn. pair injured in ATV rollover in Henniker - 0
- Boy injured on bicycle, hit by pickup in Keene - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back - 1
- Nashua Medal of Honor recipient: 'There was valor everywhere' - 0
- Texas governor to deploy 1,000 National Guard troops to border - 2
- New college are graduates hit by slow wage growth - 0
- Stocks finish the day slightly lower - 0
- Business economists say sales, hiring and pay are up - 0
- Keene man charged with June Central Square 'chalking' assault - 0
- Most charges dropped against North Haverhill man who threatened officers during standoff - 0
- Market Basket customers gather in Portsmouth to support workers - 0
DWI License Revocations
Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal
Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back