Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua deputy police chief placed on administrative leave
"Effective Friday, he was placed on administrative leave with pay," Pappas said when reached by phone Saturday night.
Pappas wouldn't say whether it involves an audit of the Nashua Police Relief Association being conducted by the Charitable Trusts Unit of the Attorney General's Office at the request of Nashua Police Chief John Seusing.
In March, Seusing said: "There were some concerns brought to my attention regarding the governance of (the association) and its internal procedures, whether they have been followed correctly."
Seusing said the association is open to Nashua police, and it provides relief to members and their families during a crisis, buys watches for members when they retire and offers a small life insurance policy.
The association's two-story building is also used for social functions or by officers on duty for a lunch break.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Low turnout seen in early Lakes Region polling - 0
- Goffstown residents slow to vote so far - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Voting is not just for adults in Windham - 0
- Voter turnout is low but steady in Bedford - 0
- Steady voter turnout in Amherst - 0
- Due to snow forecast, Farmington decides to wait a week to decide on town issues - 0
- AG petitions judge to remove Rockingham County attorney from office - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'