Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua deputy police chief placed on administrative leave
"Effective Friday, he was placed on administrative leave with pay," Pappas said when reached by phone Saturday night.
Pappas wouldn't say whether it involves an audit of the Nashua Police Relief Association being conducted by the Charitable Trusts Unit of the Attorney General's Office at the request of Nashua Police Chief John Seusing.
In March, Seusing said: "There were some concerns brought to my attention regarding the governance of (the association) and its internal procedures, whether they have been followed correctly."
Seusing said the association is open to Nashua police, and it provides relief to members and their families during a crisis, buys watches for members when they retire and offers a small life insurance policy.
The association's two-story building is also used for social functions or by officers on duty for a lunch break.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH hires former Attorney General Delaney to investigate reporting delays on athletic improprieties - 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 1
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 5
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Hockey: Teams anxious to play - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown doles out $29k to NHGOP committees from his PAC
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal