Campbell High names football coach
Gush replaces Marc Prindiville, who led the team through its first six seasons. Gush has been coaching in the Hudson-Litchfield Bears youth program for the past nine years.
Originally from Pennsylvania, the 48-year-old Gush has lived in New Hampshire since 1995, coaching football, baseball, basketball and soccer in the area.
“Most of the sophomore class are kids I coached, probably about a dozen,” Gush said. “Our youth program has been amazing. A lot of talented players have gone on to play at Campbell.”
Gush served in the Air Force and played high school football at North Pocono High in Moscow, Pa., under Nick Donato. Gush said that he will lean on Donato, who now coaches at Scranton (Pa.) Prep, for advice.
The Cougars will return one of the top running backs in the state from last season in senior Jesiah Wade. Gush said he will look for balance on offense and the defensive emphasis will be on all 11 players being accountable as individuals to make the whole of the defense stronger.
“I’m going to do my best to be a consistent force in their life,” he said. “There are things you learn on the football field that you can’t learn anywhere else.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- George Will: Executive discretion to the extreme - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Being better than New Jersey isn't good enough - 1
- Kathy Sullivan: GOP outrage machine might have finally gone too far - 43
- Jonah Goldberg: Triumph of the vulgarians - 1
- Maureen Mann: Labeling genetically-modified foods would help New Hampshire consumers - 16
- David Harsanyi: Ninety-six percent of Americans are wrong about Congress - 3
- Patrick J. Buchanan: Will we go to war over Japanese islands? - 0
- Sean Kenneally: A once pure NH view is no more - 13
- Jonah Goldberg: Obamacare was sold on a few core lies - 8
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 2
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 1
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl