Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
Victorino's 4 hits, 5 RBIs lead Red Sox over Tigers
Jacoby Ellsbury had a pair of hits and two RBIs, and Stephen Drew and Jose Iglesias each had three hits and combined to score five runs as the Red Sox halted a five-game losing streak at Comerica Park. Jon Lester (7-4) labored through 5 2/3 innings, giving up five runs on nine hits, to win for the first time since May 15.
Tigers starter Doug Fister (6-5) was pounded for six runs on 11 hits in 3 1/3 innings.
The Tigers answered in the fifth, getting a solo homer from Dirks and a three-run shot from Cabrera — his 10th hit in 16 career at-bats against Lester — to cut the deficit to 6-5.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice