Doc-to-Clippers talk dead (again)
A league source told the Herald on Friday that negotiations between the Celtics and Clippers over the release of Doc Rivers from his contract have ended.
“The Celtics’ price (for Rivers) was a first-round pick, and the Clippers weren’t willing to do that,” said the source, who added that it remained unclear if the Celtics could have even scored a second-round pick for their coach of the last nine years.
The source, who said earlier in the week that terms were never close between both sides, had not improved Friday.
The press conference was cancelled not because of negotiations, but because Rivers needed additional time to ponder his future, which now appears to consist either of a return to the Celtics next season or a decision to walk away for a year or two.
Ainge and Rivers now plan to address the media Monday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford wrestlers top Goffstown - 0
- Central builds early lead, beats Pinkerton - 0
- Pinkerton, Memorial deadlock - 0
- Concord's Law is Athlete of the Month - 0
- Indoor track results - 0
- Central-Trinity: It's time - 2
- Trinity, BG skaters open with victories - 0
- Central vs. Trinity: 'competition, not warfare' - 5
- NHIAA preview: Boys' ice hockey races appear to be wide open - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 17
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840