Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester Central student says he was knocked unconscious
“There’s still a lot of unanswered questions about what happened to this young man,” Tessier said Wednesday.
Central Prinicipal Ronald Mailhot said two assistant principals are helping the school resource officer, Detective Kimberly Barbee, investigate the incident. He said they are somewhat hampered by the time of year.
This is finals week, and seniors are gone from high school. Other students only go to school when they have a final.
Tessier said the 14-year-old went into a bathroom on the third floor of the James Building sometime after 1 p.m. between classes. He was struck in the back of the head, woke up and went to class.
He told police someone was in the bathroom when he entered it, but he could not identify the person.
He was later treated at a local hospital and his injuries were not serious, police said. Tessier said anyone with information should contact the police.
Mailhot would not provide details about the assault, but said the incident did not appear to involve mutual combat.
The principal said he’s spoken to the teen’s parents, and school officials are taking the matter seriously.
Most involve boyfriend/girlfriend situations, and often students admit their roles in the conflict.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072