Community College System faces labor complaint from adjunct faculty
SEA Local 1984 filed an unfair labor practice complaint with the state Public Employee Labor Relations Board accusing CCSNH administrators of “regressive bargaining” over contract terms for adjunct faculty members teaching at the seven schools that make up the state community college system.
SEA alleges in the officials have been dealing directly with adjunct faculty and not abiding by an order filed by the same board in November 2010 to negotiate exclusively with Local 1984 and members of its bargaining unit.
The state board responded to the complaint by notifying both sides of a pre-hearing scheduled for July 15 at the PLRB offices in Concord. An adjuticatory hearing is scheduled for Aug. 1, when the bargaining stalemate would be presented to a hearing officer.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dodgers shut out Cardinals in NLCS Game 3 - 0
- Manchester Memorial grad Chris Lambert enters Boston College Hall of Fame - 1
- Finally, Tampa Bay's Sam Fuld gets to meet new son - 0
- Rays blank Indians in wild card game, headed to Boston for ALDS - 0
- Conway’s Locke left off Pirates’ playoff roster - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Playoff roster is Farrell's job - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Volunteers sought for discipline committees
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
John DiStaso's Granite Status: National Democratic chair to speak at NHIOP in January; Cataldo backs Kenney for Executive Council
- Do you like the new University of New Hampshire logo?
- Total Votes: 383