Community College System faces labor complaint from adjunct faculty
SEA Local 1984 filed an unfair labor practice complaint with the state Public Employee Labor Relations Board accusing CCSNH administrators of “regressive bargaining” over contract terms for adjunct faculty members teaching at the seven schools that make up the state community college system.
SEA alleges in the officials have been dealing directly with adjunct faculty and not abiding by an order filed by the same board in November 2010 to negotiate exclusively with Local 1984 and members of its bargaining unit.
The state board responded to the complaint by notifying both sides of a pre-hearing scheduled for July 15 at the PLRB offices in Concord. An adjuticatory hearing is scheduled for Aug. 1, when the bargaining stalemate would be presented to a hearing officer.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Triumph of the vulgarians - 0
- Maureen Mann: Labeling genetically-modified foods would help New Hampshire consumers - 13
- David Harsanyi: Ninety-six percent of Americans are wrong about Congress - 3
- Patrick J. Buchanan: Will we go to war over Japanese islands? - 0
- Sean Kenneally: A once pure NH view is no more - 12
- Jonah Goldberg: Obamacare was sold on a few core lies - 8
- Charles Krauthammer: Obama the oblivious - 6
- Roger Simon: What Nelson Mandela overcame - 1
- George Will: Raise the minimum wage? It's iffy - 8
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
- Belmont makes deal to sell Winnisquam fire station for $240,000 - 0
- 'Hour of Code' taps student creativity - 0
- $3.6 million rotary near Nashua-Hudson line advances - 0
- Fired Epping children's librarian gets public hearing - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
- Hillsborough district names its Teacher of Year - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos
- Do you like the new University of New Hampshire logo?
- Total Votes: 383