Community College System faces labor complaint from adjunct faculty
SEA Local 1984 filed an unfair labor practice complaint with the state Public Employee Labor Relations Board accusing CCSNH administrators of “regressive bargaining” over contract terms for adjunct faculty members teaching at the seven schools that make up the state community college system.
SEA alleges in the officials have been dealing directly with adjunct faculty and not abiding by an order filed by the same board in November 2010 to negotiate exclusively with Local 1984 and members of its bargaining unit.
The state board responded to the complaint by notifying both sides of a pre-hearing scheduled for July 15 at the PLRB offices in Concord. An adjuticatory hearing is scheduled for Aug. 1, when the bargaining stalemate would be presented to a hearing officer.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton Academy tops Hanover High in 'Granite State Challenge' - 0
- Manchester Central High’s John Rist, back in charge, wipes slate clean for some - 0
- Keene State College grad taking science study to new heights on Mount Everest - 0
- School group favors opening JROTC at Nashua high school - 0
- Athletics Dept. employee at UNH fired over 'invasion of privacy' - 0
- Loeb School spring classes include travel writing - 0
- Windham ready to open a 'Little Shop of Horrors' - 0
- Salem to decide fate of $75m school proposal - 0
- Allenstown parents mobilize to stave off $1 million school budget cut - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Gatsas incesed by unauthorized use of his phone number for 'robocalls' - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Vote on death penalty repeal set for Wednesday - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings - 0
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
NH native holds lead spot in Iditarod
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?