Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Man charged with theft in Manchester police sting involving abandoned purse acquitted
"The court rules as a matter of law that unless the propery in question is not in fact lost or mislaid, then the Court cannot find that there is an offense under (the law)," Lyones wrote. Lyons found Alexander Ramasci innocent of the crime.
But Manchester police pulled him over after he left the T.J. Maxx plaza on South Willow Street and started peppering him with questions about suspicous activity and drug dealing.
His lawyer, Manchester alderman Joe Kelly Levasseur, said he will ask the New Hampshire Liquor Commission to rehire Ramasci, who lost his job after his arrest. Ramasci has yet to find a job; Levasseur said he suspects potential employers reject him after his ordeal surfaces during Internet searches.
"This is just another slap upside his head," Levasseur said. "They put together a ridiculous sting operation and a bad public-policy message for people who find things."
Mara would not comment on Levasseur's remarks when contacted by telephone Thursday afternoon. A message left for prosecutor Rose-Marie Balboni at the Hillsborough County Attorney Office was not returned.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 4
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 7
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424