Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
May 29, 2014
Man charged with theft in Manchester police sting involving abandoned purse acquitted
Alexander Ramasci of Manchester was arrested last year for theft of lost or mislaid property during a Manchester Police sting operation at a South Willow Street shopping plaza. (DAVID LANE/UNION LEADER)
"The court rules as a matter of law that unless the propery in question is not in fact lost or mislaid, then the Court cannot find that there is an offense under (the law)," Lyones wrote. Lyons found Alexander Ramasci innocent of the crime.
But Manchester police pulled him over after he left the T.J. Maxx plaza on South Willow Street and started peppering him with questions about suspicous activity and drug dealing.
His lawyer, Manchester alderman Joe Kelly Levasseur, said he will ask the New Hampshire Liquor Commission to rehire Ramasci, who lost his job after his arrest. Ramasci has yet to find a job; Levasseur said he suspects potential employers reject him after his ordeal surfaces during Internet searches.
"This is just another slap upside his head," Levasseur said. "They put together a ridiculous sting operation and a bad public-policy message for people who find things."
Mara would not comment on Levasseur's remarks when contacted by telephone Thursday afternoon. A message left for prosecutor Rose-Marie Balboni at the Hillsborough County Attorney Office was not returned.
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Man arrested in two Portsmouth robberies - 0
- Manchester man arrested for attempted robbery in Laconia - 0
- Dover man among two sought in connection with Maine murder - 0
- High-speed chase starts in NH, ends in Massachusetts - 1
- Justices send drug case back to Rockingham County Superior Court - 0
- Backlash from former detective's early release increasing - 12
- East Kingston man sentenced to prison in sex assault case - 0
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mphREADER COMMENTS: 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 6
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 11
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
- Philadelphia outlasts Revolution, weather in U.S. Open Cup - 0
- Rock Cats sweep Fishers in rain-makeup doubleheader - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
- Total Votes: 917