Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Newspapers look to unseal Spader documents
The documents at issue, including the state’s sentencing memorandum, were filed under seal at the request of the defense according to Strelzin, and after Spader said he would not contest the resentencing.The state spent about six months preparing for the court hearing and then Spader decided not to contest it. Spader did not attend the resentencing, but he had attorney Jonathan Cohen read a statement from him in which he called his actions impulsive, expressed remorse and begged forgiveness. Strelzin said Spader’s statement directly addressed the U.S. Supreme Court’s ruling which said juveniles had to be treated differently by the justice system because of their impulsiveness.Strelzin, however, maintained there was nothing impulsive about the killing and that Spader is a psychopath who is not going to grow out of his problems.
Spader, he said, turned an uncontested hearing into a contested one, one that was unfair for the state because none of its expert witnesses were on hand to refute what he said.
Abramson did not say when she will issue a ruling.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 4
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 8
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424