Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Newspapers look to unseal Spader documents
The documents at issue, including the state’s sentencing memorandum, were filed under seal at the request of the defense according to Strelzin, and after Spader said he would not contest the resentencing.The state spent about six months preparing for the court hearing and then Spader decided not to contest it. Spader did not attend the resentencing, but he had attorney Jonathan Cohen read a statement from him in which he called his actions impulsive, expressed remorse and begged forgiveness. Strelzin said Spader’s statement directly addressed the U.S. Supreme Court’s ruling which said juveniles had to be treated differently by the justice system because of their impulsiveness.Strelzin, however, maintained there was nothing impulsive about the killing and that Spader is a psychopath who is not going to grow out of his problems.
Spader, he said, turned an uncontested hearing into a contested one, one that was unfair for the state because none of its expert witnesses were on hand to refute what he said.
Abramson did not say when she will issue a ruling.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 0
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 0
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 0
- Confessed burglar tells investigators pair 'did it for the thrill' - 0
- Bow man robbed at gunpoint near YMCA - 0
- Sex offender sought for failing to register turns himself in - 0
- Raymond man convicted in second sexual assault case - 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424