Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Teen charged after high speed police chase
No one was injured in the incident that started just after 12:30 a.m. when Londonderry police tried to pull over the Toyota.
The car crossed the town line into Hudson, traveling at a high rate of speed on Griffin Road. The Londonderry cruiser called off the chase because of the speed but continued to follow the SUV at a safe distance.
Police said the Toyota traveled south on Griffin Road to Robinson Road, where it pulled into a driveway at the intersection with Lawrence Road.
As the Londonderry cruiser approached the intersection, the Toyota backed into it and then took off again at a high rate of speed.
As the SUV sped away, Lt. Charles Dyac said it hit something – investigators believe it might have been a stone wall – flattening front and rear tires on it.
The teen driver then allegedly ran from the scene, but officers caught him a short time later in a swampy wooded area on Robinson Road.
He is charged with disobeying a police officer, conduct after an accident, reckless driving and operating a motor vehicle without a license.
What's next:The teen will be arraigned July 11 in Juvenile Court at 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
- Following drug bust, questions raised about Manchester pizza restaurant - 1
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Fathers of injured teens pleased with order sending back Coco to jail - 0
- Exeter man arraigned in pair of Portsmouth armed robberies - 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 15
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
- Total Votes: 917