Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Teen charged after high speed police chase
No one was injured in the incident that started just after 12:30 a.m. when Londonderry police tried to pull over the Toyota.
The car crossed the town line into Hudson, traveling at a high rate of speed on Griffin Road. The Londonderry cruiser called off the chase because of the speed but continued to follow the SUV at a safe distance.
Police said the Toyota traveled south on Griffin Road to Robinson Road, where it pulled into a driveway at the intersection with Lawrence Road.
As the Londonderry cruiser approached the intersection, the Toyota backed into it and then took off again at a high rate of speed.
As the SUV sped away, Lt. Charles Dyac said it hit something – investigators believe it might have been a stone wall – flattening front and rear tires on it.
The teen driver then allegedly ran from the scene, but officers caught him a short time later in a swampy wooded area on Robinson Road.
He is charged with disobeying a police officer, conduct after an accident, reckless driving and operating a motor vehicle without a license.
What's next:The teen will be arraigned July 11 in Juvenile Court at 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
READER COMMENTS: 12
- Manchester woman wakes to find burglar in home - 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 3
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 1
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 5
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown doles out $29k to NHGOP committees from his PAC
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill