Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Danville selectman pleads guilty to assault on teen at town movie night
Russell Harding, 36, of 23 Coburn Hill Road, entered a guilty plea June 12 – nearly two weeks before he was set to go on trial in Rockingham County Superior Court on two counts of simple assault, both class A misdemeanors.
He pleaded guilty to grabbing a 13-year-old boy by the back of the neck on the night of Aug. 18 during the incident at Day Field. The second charge accusing him of forcing the boy’s head into a table was dropped.
As part of the sentence handed down by Judge Marguerite L. Wageling, Harding must stay away from the teenager and his family, undergo an anger management evaluation, and complete five hours of community service. His 60-day jail sentence was suspended for a year so long as Harding stays out of trouble and a $620 of a $645 fine also was suspended.
Harding previously denied the allegations and pleaded not guilty earlier this year.
He has claimed that he approached the boy because he thought he was going to tamper with town equipment used to show movies.
Harding told selectmen last September that he put himself in between the teenager and the movie equipment and that when he did so he "touched" the boy.
Harding was arrested in September and took a leave from the board. He refused to resign despite the criminal case against him, a move that angered fellow board members who couldn't force him to quit because he’s an elected official.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
- Following drug bust, questions raised about Manchester pizza restaurant - 1
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Fathers of injured teens pleased with order sending back Coco to jail - 0
- Exeter man arraigned in pair of Portsmouth armed robberies - 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 15
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
- Total Votes: 917