Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Danville selectman pleads guilty to assault on teen at town movie night
Russell Harding, 36, of 23 Coburn Hill Road, entered a guilty plea June 12 – nearly two weeks before he was set to go on trial in Rockingham County Superior Court on two counts of simple assault, both class A misdemeanors.
He pleaded guilty to grabbing a 13-year-old boy by the back of the neck on the night of Aug. 18 during the incident at Day Field. The second charge accusing him of forcing the boy’s head into a table was dropped.
As part of the sentence handed down by Judge Marguerite L. Wageling, Harding must stay away from the teenager and his family, undergo an anger management evaluation, and complete five hours of community service. His 60-day jail sentence was suspended for a year so long as Harding stays out of trouble and a $620 of a $645 fine also was suspended.
Harding previously denied the allegations and pleaded not guilty earlier this year.
He has claimed that he approached the boy because he thought he was going to tamper with town equipment used to show movies.
Harding told selectmen last September that he put himself in between the teenager and the movie equipment and that when he did so he "touched" the boy.
Harding was arrested in September and took a leave from the board. He refused to resign despite the criminal case against him, a move that angered fellow board members who couldn't force him to quit because he’s an elected official.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 26
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483