Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Danville selectman pleads guilty to assault on teen at town movie night
Russell Harding, 36, of 23 Coburn Hill Road, entered a guilty plea June 12 – nearly two weeks before he was set to go on trial in Rockingham County Superior Court on two counts of simple assault, both class A misdemeanors.
He pleaded guilty to grabbing a 13-year-old boy by the back of the neck on the night of Aug. 18 during the incident at Day Field. The second charge accusing him of forcing the boy’s head into a table was dropped.
As part of the sentence handed down by Judge Marguerite L. Wageling, Harding must stay away from the teenager and his family, undergo an anger management evaluation, and complete five hours of community service. His 60-day jail sentence was suspended for a year so long as Harding stays out of trouble and a $620 of a $645 fine also was suspended.
Harding previously denied the allegations and pleaded not guilty earlier this year.
He has claimed that he approached the boy because he thought he was going to tamper with town equipment used to show movies.
Harding told selectmen last September that he put himself in between the teenager and the movie equipment and that when he did so he "touched" the boy.
Harding was arrested in September and took a leave from the board. He refused to resign despite the criminal case against him, a move that angered fellow board members who couldn't force him to quit because he’s an elected official.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Man, woman charged in 3 Kensington burglaries - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 7
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424