Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Gunmen injure man during Manchester home invasion
An apartment at 455 Lake Avenue was invaded by two men armed with handguns at about 7:20 p.m. Thursday, according to police.
Three residents of the second floor apartment, two men and a woman, were at home at the time of the attack. One man was chased from the apartment by the armed intruders, but police say they gave up the chase when the resident sought refuge in another apartment.
Police Lt. Maureen Tessier said that the target of the attack appeared to be a 32-year-old man who is the boyfriend of a woman who lives in the apartment. He suffered facial injuries but refused medical treatment.
The attack was a block away from the scene of a fatal shooting that investigators said was related to another home invasion.
In that attack on June 9, Michael Larocque Jr. of Derry was shot to death, allegedly after he kicked in the door to an apartment at 430 Lake Avenue.
No determination has been made on whether the shooting of Larocque was justified, according to Senior Assistant Attorney General Jeffery Strelzin.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 4
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 2
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 2
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 8
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 4
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief